Get the Experience as a Trailer Mechanic Apprentice!
Hale Trailer Brake & Wheel is a multi-location, full-service trailer dealership with an immediate opening for an entry-level Service Mechanic Laborer.
Upon successfully completing 90 days of service, you will be eligible for consideration into the Hale Trailer Inc. Mechanic Apprentice Program. As a Mechanic Apprentice you will train under experienced Trailer Mechanics to become a Mechanic ‘C’ in twelve months then progress to Mechanic ‘B’ after 24 months and Mechanic ‘A’ after 36 months.
Full-time employment with Benefits.
Competitive salary, excellent medical, vision & dental benefits, paid vacation, ST and LT disability, paid life insurance, and a matching 401k and discretionary profit-sharing plan. Earn a spot in the Hale Trailer Mechanic Apprentice Program after successfully completing 90 days of continuous service meeting all attendance, performance, and program pre-requisites.
Additional Benefits upon entering the Trailer Mechanic Apprentice Program:
All training completed on-site under the supervision of an assigned mentor(s).
Progressive increases in hourly wage at the 6 and 12 months from the time you enter the program.
Receive a tool cart and tools preselected by Hale that becomes property of the Apprentice after successful completion of Phase 1 and 18 months continuous employment.
- Assist techs as needed and support them on certain jobs.
- Perform tasks in an efficient, timely, accurate, professional, and safe manner in accordance with all company polices, DOT, OSHA and other governmental standards and regulations.
- Unload material as needed in a safe and timely manner.
- Utilize forklift in a safe manner not limited to stacking and unstacking 20’ and 40’ containers as well as decking and undecking up to a triple stack of flatbed trailers.
- Wash all types of trailers as needed, using power washer and brushes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge regarding the safe handling and operation of trailers, tractors, containers, field offices, power jacks, lift gates, power tools, trailer parts and supplies a plus.
- Forklift experience a plus, will provide training.
- A current driver’s license- no moving violations for past 3 years is a plus.
- Must present a professional, highly motivated, positive, willing to learn attitude.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Must adhere to all company policies including safety policies
- Must pass a standard pre-employment drug test and physical.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift to 50lbs.
Equal opportunity and E-Verify employer.